Well... Saboten was over a week ago, and this is late, but I don't know how to get into the swing of dA and Facebook and Tumblr and Twitter all at once. So this might be brief, as nothing is chronologically fresh in my memory. A good summary is that, for me, this was the best con I have had as of yet.
- First experience with the debut of a very intensive costume, as opposed to a uniform of some kind. It felt wonderful to wear something I had poured so much effort into and have so many people appreciate the work, even if they didn't recognize the character. I think I might be addicted now..
- Entered my very first masquerade solely for the experience, walked out with an award for Best in Journeyman Craftsmanship. Cried a little from amazement on airplane home while looking at it once it finally sunk in. :'D I am lame.
- Super awesome video shoots with MLZ Studios. He is awesome. He took so much extra footage, he tossed together a Cosplay PV showcasing my Nekomura cosplay just last minute and made my ENTIRE YEAR. I believe it is safe to say that the world can expect more fun videography silliness involving my bigger projects in the future. That stuff is really fun!!
- Saw nearly all of the people I never get to and adore, and made a bajillion new friends sdkfjsdf I don't know where to start so I won't try, but suffice to say that faith in humanity is temporarily restored. Went to dinner after the con with a bunch of fantastic people and got to sit next to Pikmin Link and consume beers. She is more endearing than a pile of sleeping kittens IRL. I can't even.
- AKIRA YAMIOKA WALKED PAST ME IN A COFFEE SHOP I WAS IN THE SAME ROOM AS AKIRA YAMIOKA I MIGHT HAVE BREATHED THE SAME AIR. Too bad autographs were like, $50
- Got to room with some fellow lovely Crunchyroll Ambassadors!
- I was bikini Sayaka in the pool. No photographic evidence of this exists as of yet, however.
It was a very successful con overall. There was a flickering of social stress and a lot of eye-opening events, but all in all? The good was so overwhelming. I love when I get to come home and feel motivated and excited and happy after a con. That was just so lovely.
This is making me want to upgrade my dA account. :C
Watching: Gundam Unicorn